I have a really easy and filling breakfast recipe for you guys!
Well, easy once you get the pancake flip down, that is.
Strawberry Banana Protein Pancakes
Inspired by Julie @ PBFingers, this recipe makes 2 big pancakes or 3-4 smaller ones.
- 3/4 cup oats (I just used Quaker Quick Oats)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 six oz. container of Strawberry Greek yogurt
- 1 Banana
- Topping of your choice
Sidenote: Stop & Shop now sells Greek yogurt. For 89 cents instead of $1.29 and higher like the rest of my fav brands. And they actually taste good (I think). They don’t have too many flavors now, but buying Stop & Shop yogurt sure will save me a lot on the grocery bill considering I pretty much eat at least a yogurt a day in some form.
- Blend ingredients or mix well in a bowl.
- Lightly oil a pan and place on medium heat.
- Make pancakes! You can kind of eyeball when they are done when they start to fluff up and turn golden brown.
- Slice up the banana and spread over pancakes.
- Top with whatever you please! Today I used a few drops of an organic raw blue agave sweetener sample I had lying around.
My first flip was a disaster. The pancake completely fell apart. I think partly because it was too big for my spatula, and partly because I tried to flip too soon.
laughed snorted at me.
My second pancake was much more successful. Got it on the first flip! And it kept its shape. Much better.
These were delicious! Using a flavored yogurt gives it a yummy flavor, and the taste of strawberry and banana never lets me down.
Plus they kept me full all morning.
Aka — less mindless munching while working from home.
What’s your favorite way to make pancakes? Anyone else not the best “flipper?” Anyone good at getting them on the first flip every time!?