Happy Sunday Morning!!
I’m here with THREE recipes for you guys. Easy ones too. And patriotic! These were Tim and my contributions to breakfast, dinner, and dessert at my uncle’s Cape house for July 4th this year.
Red = strawberries, white = plain Greek Chobani yogurt, blue = blueberries.
- Whole wheat Aunt Jemima pancake and waffle blend
- Ingredients per instructions on box: Milk, eggs, oil
- Strawberries, diced
- Plain yogurt
- Mix the pancake blend and the milk, eggs, and oil according to package directions.
- Spray pan over medium heat.
- Form pancake shape, mixing in the strawberries and blueberries.
- Cook, flipping, until golden brown.
- Serve with yogurt and more fruit if desired!
Red, White, and Blue-schetta
Aka, bruschetta. Red = cherry tomatoes, white = feta cheese, and blue = blueberries.
- Loaf of bread of choice
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Crumbled feta
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Black pepper, to taste
- Minced garlic, to taste
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Slice bread into 1/2 inch thick slices and lightly brush both sides of the slices of bread with olive oil.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 7 to 10 mins or until golden brown.
- After removing from oven, place the tomatoes, blueberries, and feta cheese on top of the bread slices as desired.
- Sprinkle with black pepper and minced garlic to taste.
White Chocolate Covered Strawberries
These were for dessert! Red = strawberries, white = melted white chocolate chips, blue = sprinkles!
- Strawberries, whole
- White chocolate chips
- Festive sprinkles
- Place chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl. Heat until melted, being careful not to burn. You can also do this step on the stove top.
- Dip strawberries in the melted chocolate, one at a time.
- Sprinkle on festive decor!
All three were super easy, yummy, and festive for the 4th!
Did anyone make any festive red, white, and blue food for their 4th of July celebrations this year?
P.S. Happy Birthday to Tim’s sister, Katie!!!