And we’re back to another Monday.
Most important things first! It’s my bestie’s birthday today.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SLESH!!!
I hope you have a wonderful day!
I was super excited because two of my friends from home, Matt and Johnny, joined us out for the night and I haven’t seen them in so long. I’ve missed my guy friends. The night was fun, but HOT. We were dripping sweat the entire night, hence my gross hair in our roomie picture above. I even took a shower when I got home at 2 in the morning!
I forgot to mention that the celebration also consisted of cupcakes.
I used this recipe for homemade vanilla cupcakes and almond buttercream frosting. Then add some green food coloring, some M&M’s, and some pretzels… and BAM. Butterfly cupcakes for a butterfly loving friend.
Saturday was a much needed day of fun with my friend Erin. Erin and I danced together in college and we haven’t been able to see each other in what feels like SO long. We spent five hours sitting in our beach chairs at Revere Beach (don’t knock it!) and catching up on life. After our sun time, we took advantage of Devlin’s patio.
And white sangria…
And salads…. (with yummy champagne dressing!)
Totally hit the spot and was a nice way to wrap up our day together!
Since I took Saturday off from working out and was asleep by midnight on Saturday night, I decided to hit the gym bright and early on Sunday morning. The gym was nice and empty, which made it easy to do Workout 1 on this week’s bootcamp agenda. Workout 1 had circuit intervals which consisted of:
- 5 minute warmup on a cardio machine
- Four sets of two alternating strength moves
- 5 minutes on a cardio machine
- Four sets of the next two alternating strength moves
- 5 minutes on a cardio machine
- Four sets of the last two alternating strength moves
- 5 minute cooldown on a cardio machine
Definitely glad the gym was empty for this because it made it much easier to hop on and off an elliptical between my strength sets.
I also incorporated a few ab moves and lots of hip stretching at the end of my workout. After my gym sesh, I hit the beach again and spent some time with my brother, cousin, and goddaughter. Slesh came along too. It rained a few times while we were there, but the sun was out the whole time so the rain actually felt good because it was so hot.
Sunday night Tim was back from mamping (man camping) so we caught up on our weekends and spent some quality time together. He’s already away again for work today, but I’m glad we had an evening in between his trips to see each other. Absence (but not too much of it) makes the heart grow fonder!
Last Week’s Workouts
Last week was Week 2 of Tina’s Best Body Bootcamp program. Here’s how I worked it into my weekly workouts:
- Sunday: Off
- Monday: 20 minutes of 60/60 HIIT Cardio + Workout B (lower body supersets) + taught my last Core Strength class
- Tuesday: For my 20 minutes of steady cardio as prescribed in the plan I did 60 minutes of Kickboxing, then I taught Workout C (total body supersets) in my Circuit Training class + some extra moves at the end of class in the extra time.
- Wednesday: Cardio day. Did this 45 minute interval workout on the elliptical, but this week I increased the duration of my intensity periods from 3 minutes to 5 minutes. I definitely felt the difference but felt great afterwards! I finished up with 3 rounds of the Core circuit.
- Thursday: Taught Workout A (upper body supersets) in my Circuit Training class + some lower body and ab moves. Sadly I didn’t make it to the gym at 5:30am this week to get in 20 minutes of steady cardio first.
- Friday: Taught Cardio & Core: 20 minutes of Cutz, 20 minutes of Kix, 20 minutes of Floor Work (including the BBB Core circuit).
- Saturday: Off
This Week’s Workouts
This week begins Week 3 of BBB and also Phase II which concentrates more on tempo training instead of supersets. This strength training concept focuses on using slow and controlled counts to target different parts of the movement in each exercise.
- Sunday: Workout A + Circuit Intervals (check!)
- Monday: 5/5 Cardio Intervals + Core
- Tuesday: Teaching Kickboxing for Liz, then teaching Workout B in Circuit. Planning on doing a lot of cardio interval blasts in between the sets, but we definitely won’t be able to hop on and off machines like I did yesterday.
- Wednesday: Progression Intervals + Core (OR maybe I’ll take Cutz class at CBC instead)
- Thursday: Teaching Workout C (this is going to be a fun one for class!!!), and also teaching Kickboxing at night.
- Friday: TBD
- Saturday: Off
You guys will definitely want to come to Circuit class this week because I am totally rocking a 90’s hip hop playlist. We’re gonna bust a move! (Spoiler alert).
Each week I want to continue with my previous week’s goals (so far it’s been to drink more water, do my hip stretches every day, and to get more sleep); however this week I want to really focus more on mental health than anything else. As I’ve alluded to, last week was just not the best week for me mentally. This week I am really going to try and focus on sticking to what I believe in without feelings of guilt afterward (anyone else struggle with this in any aspect of their lives?), and I also want to work on just breathing when I feel myself getting worked up.
Tell me about your weekend, your workouts last week, your workout plan this week, or your weekly goals for this week!
Have a rockin’ Monday, everyone.