Hello! I have a quick announcement to share before diving into our Friday Favorite reads this week. If you subscribe to my newsletter, you are already in the know, but if you missed it, I am teaming up with PlanetShoes and Icebug to host a 5k fun run for the Boston community on Saturday, March 28th.
If you are bored of running on the treadmill and ready to take your workout outside, I hope you’ll join me! This event will be fun and a nice way to transition from winter into spring since the weather has finally been warming up lately. All you have to do is show up on the Beacon Hill side of the Longfellow Bridge by the Charles River at 8am. Both companies will be giving away fun swag (sneakers included!), and I’ll be raffling off a customized personal training plan as well. Walkers and runners of all levels and ages are welcome to participate, so consider making it a family event! For questions, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you plan to come, drop me a quick note so I have a rough idea of how many people to expect.
That’s it! Enjoy your Friday reads. 🙂
- Cute idea: Friday the 13th inspired workout
- Great exercise: How to do a bent press
- A core move you should do: Core engaged active straight leg raise
- For those expecting: Tips for working out while pregnant
- Pull-up tips: Going to the bar
- Excellent article: Can you lift weights faster instead of doing traditional cardio?
- I wonder about this all the time: ClassPass and the joy and guilt of the middleman economy
- Do you live alone? 10 tips for cooking for one
- For the road: Best snacks for traveling
- Great produce guide: What’s in season for March
- Another muffin recipe to add to the rotation: Vegan raspberry chocolate chip muffins
- I have a feeling this will be life changing: Healthy peanut butter frosting
- Yum! Bacon, cheese, and chive dip
- Yes please: Hawaiian barbecue beef tacos
- Looks good: Lemon paleo cake
- Can’t wait to put our butternut squash to use with this one: Butternut tabbouleh
- Healthy dessert alert: Cacao raspberry compote
- Whoa: Roasted pork and caramelized pineapple enchiladas
- Can never have enough bites: No bake carrot cake energy bites
- Read and learn: Here’s how you should be sitting at your desk
- For the telecommuters: How to create a healthy at home work environment
Self Image, Life, and Inspiration
- Authentic and genuine: On looking at myself
- Great question: Are you listening
- Love: Finally, unapologetic about my thighs
- This is definitely my life right now: The time I found ice cream in the microwave
- Shut down negative body talk: The perfect response for every time you hear the phrase, “Ugh, I’m so fat!”
- Relateable: Why being mean never helps
- They are listening: How your diet affects your child’s body image
Readers, let’s chat with our usual Friday questions. What links are speaking to you this week? What was the best part of our week, and what’s up for the weekend?
Best part of my week: Getting lots of wedding planning things done!
Weekend: Nothing tonight, friend’s baby shower and grandfather’s birthday party tomorrow, and subbing for spin class at 10:30 on Sunday. If you’re planning your weekend workouts, sign up here! Reservations open 24 hours in advance.