You guys should have seen my blog reader yesterday. I signed in to catch up on my reading material, and I laughed when I saw that I literally had over six hundred unread blog posts from over the past few weeks. I just haven’t had as much time as I normally do to keep up with all my favorite bloggers and websites! I’m a little bit out of my morning reading routine, and I don’t like it. Not gonna lie, I definitely did a lot of scanning and marking as read as I was catching up last night, but I was happy to just veg out with my reader for a bit.
Before I get into my links for you guys, I just want to share a free fitness opportunity for my local readers. Equinox, a fitness club with four locations in the Boston area, is offering one complimentary Tabata class each month at Faneuil Hall. The first class already happened, but there will be others on Monday 7/13 from 6:15-7:00pm and Monday 8/17 from 6:15-7:00pm. No pre-registration required – anyone who wants to take the class should meet the trainers by Quincy Market about 10-15 minutes before the class starts! This will be open to members and non members, so definitely check it out… nothing beats free fitness.
Okay, here you go!
- Remember my train like an animal workout from back in the day? Here’s another: An animal inspired bodyweight workout
- Yes, yes, yes: Why exercising is a higher priority than my career
- This: Ditch the bosu ball for the barbell
- I like this combo: Exercises you should be doing: Bulgarian split squat to RDL
Foodie and Nutrition
- Interesting: 6 popular ways to do intermittent fasting
- Agree! 5 reasons why Vitaminwater is a bad idea
- Perfect for summer: Berry quinoa salad
- Looks like a good one to bring to a BBQ: Lebanese lemon parsley bean salad
- For your next taco night: Quinoa black bean tacos with a creamy avocado sauce
- Wow: Grilled cherry salsa
- Cool salad: Grilled apricot, corn, and arugula salad with pistachios
- Gimme: Fudgey black bean zucchini cookies
- Perfect summer dessert: Easy healthy peach crisp
- Yum: Strawberry tabbouleh
- Totally making this: Paleo maple peach bread
Self Image, Inspiration, and Life
- I read this post a few times: Why I quit my job to go back to working for myself (and how I got the nerves to do it)
- Loved this! Don’t f*ck with body pumpers
- Preach: Why fat shaming doesn’t promote health, and what you can do instead
- On grit and doing a little bit each day: Good gosh, stop expecting everything right this second
- Beach bodies: We tried on Victoria’s Secret bathing suits, and this is what happened
Readers, let’s chat! Tell me about something going on in your life right now, share the best part of your week, or let me hear about what’s up for the weekend!
The best part of my week was spending time on our front porch with Tim last night. We had a delicious dinner of steak with a side of zucchini ribbon salad, and we put down a good amount of red wine! If you’re looking for a new red, you have to try Nashoba Valley Winery’s cab. Holy moly. This weekend we’re heading to a local Greek festival, and I have my friend’s bridal shower on Sunday. Whatever you’re up to, enjoy, and don’t forget to stop by your local Whole Foods branch for the Ready for Action kickoffs!