Tonight I made meatloaf. Well, kind of. I substituted ground turkey for the ground beef. So I guess I should say turkey loaf. Healthier option!
- 1.25 1lbs ground turkey breast
- 1 six oz. container Greek fat free plain yogurt (this definitely made the turkey loaf extra moist!)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sage (I didn’t have sage so I threw in some basil instead)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cloves garlic (If you don’t have garlic you could try 1/4 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tbsp packed brown sugar
To save time, you could also substitute bbq sauce for the topping ingredients!
- Heat oven to 375
- Mix all the loaf ingredients together in a large bowl
- Spread the mixture into a 9 x 5 loaf pan
- Mix the topping ingredients onto the top of the loaf
- Bake uncovered for one hour and 10 minutes
For sides, I made quinoa and asparagus. My go to asparagus recipe is to mix the asparagus with balsamic vinaigrette and minced garlic in a large bowl or ziploc bag, spread them out on a baking sheet, and put in the oven until they look ready.
I really love this picture:
Anyways – dinner tonight was an easy recipe, it just takes awhile to cook. Next time I think I’ll put together all the ingredients the night before so I can just throw it in the oven when I get home from work. Ate a little later than I wanted to tonight, but it was worth the wait!
Great comfort food 🙂
Have a great night – almost the weekend!