…wasn’t really that big of a deal here in Brighton. Just some rain and wind! No lost power, luckily.
It was kind of fun to have an excuse to stay inside all day. I never do that… so as much as I wish it were a beach day, I probably needed some veg out time. I camped out at Tim’s all day. He made fun of me for over preparing for the storm. I did come over with my laptop, workout clothes, a book in case the power went out, and an excessive amount of “just in case” food. Whatever! I’m a planner. Could have been worse about it! 🙂
- Favorite Links: This pages shares other blogs I read often, my favorite links, etc.
- Recipes: This page shares my favorite recipes and links back where I originally posted them.
I got a few other productive things done today too that I’ve been meaning to do but just kept putting off. I was also proud that Irene didn’t keep me from eating healthy and working out!
Tim made me an egg white omelet, and Jamie brought over iced coffees for everyone! My omelet had egg whites, peppers, mushrooms, onions, and shredded mozzarella cheese.
I was planning on being the only person in MA that went to the gym today, but when I signed on Facebook this morning, I got the Oak Square Y update:
The Oak Square YMCA will be closed on Sunday August 28, 2011 due to the impending hurricane. We will make every effort to make up all classes. Please check back with us for additional information on Monday. Stay safe!
Good thing for Exercise TV instead!
Since Brett had a few last things to move into Tim’s apartment, I knew I’d be in the apartment myself for about an hour. Perfect time to do a 50 minute Exercise TV workout. I chose Jillian Michael’s “Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism.” Despite the spelling error in the workout title, it was a good workout for an at home exercise sesh.
The workout description: “Fire up your metabolism with TV’s top trainer Jillian Michaels, and lose big with her fierce formula that adds strength and ab moves to dynamic cardio for increased fat loss. This 40-minute circuit workout blasts your heart rate with challenging intervals to turn up the burn and peel off the pounds. Whether you’re just getting started, or ready for a hardcore workout, this program will ignite your metabolism and incinerate fat to reveal a ripped, lean body!
THE WORKOUT CONTAINS
- 5 Min – Warm Up: Begin the metabolic burn by building heat in your body.
- 40 Min – Cardio Circuit: Broken into 7, 6-minute circuits, each move challenges your body to torch the metabolism, burn mega fat and drop unwanted pounds.
- 5 Min – Cool Down: Lower your heart rate with soothing moves and stretches.
I wrote down what moves each circuit contained so I can incorporate them into my classes. In the workout you do each circuit twice.
- Arm Circles
- Toe Touches
- Arm Swings
- Jog in Place
- Squats + Side Kicks
- Alternating Front Jobs
- Squats + Side Kicks (other side)
- Jab, Cross, Hook, Elbow Combo
- Alternating Front Kicks
- Plie Squats: 3 pulses and a jump
- Jab, Cross, Jab, Cross, Hop
- 180’s: Squat Jump alternating directions
- Side Hops
- Butt Kicks
- High Knees
- Jumping Jacks
- Standing Oblique Crunches with a Leg Lift
- Mountain Climbers
- Lying on stomach, arm/leg lifts
- Lying on back, V Ups
- Plank Twists
- Plank Walk Throughs
- Leg Swings
- Upper Cuts
- Back Kicks
- Alternating Front Jabs
- Knee Pulls
- Jump Squats
- Ski Jumps
- Scissor Jumps
- Skater Jumps
- Standing Mountain Climbers
- Twist Jumps
- Pike Reaches
- Knee Ins
- Jump Rope