It’s Thursday, which means it’s almost Friday. 🙂
Recipe below! Serves 4.
8 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped– Since I don’t like olives, I left these out
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and chopped – Side note, it’s really hard to find capers in the grocery store!
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 thick slices day-old whole-grain bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 pound center-cut salmon, skinned and cut into 4 portions
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pre-heat grill to high.
olives, vinegar, capers and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Slowly whisk in oil until combined. Add bread, tomatoes, cucumber, onion and basil.
- Oil the grill rack. Season both sides of salmon with salt and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Grill the salmon until cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Divide the salad among 4 plates and top each with a piece of salmon.
Instead of grilling the salmon, we baked it in the oven for 30 minutes at 375 degrees.
This was a surprisingly really good dinner. It was nice to have a salad-like meal without any lettuce! It was light and refreshing, but also very filling because the salmon added a lot of protein! I even have leftovers for lunch today. Score.
Per Serving: 362 calories; 21 g fat ( 3 g sat , 12 g mono ); 72 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 29 g protein; 5 g fiber; 386 mg sodium; 1002 mg potassium.
I added this one to my Recipe Page. If you haven’t ventured over there yet, take a look!
Have a good one, folks.