Last night was the last bootcamp of this session! I’m a little sad about it because this was my favorite session yet, but also secretly a little excited because now:
- I get my Mondays and Thursdays back. 2 freed up nights in my week is HUGE!
- It’s starting to get COLD!
- It’s also starting to get dark so early now. Probably not too safe to be conducting class in pitch blackness!
I’ll miss it in the winter though 🙁
Here’s the last class workout, which is a little bit of everything. I tried to squeeze in everything possible that I didn’t do in any of the previous weeks into the last class.
- 30 seconds mountain climbers
- 30 seconds jumping jacks
- 30 seconds high knees
- 30 seconds side to side lunges
- 1 jogging lap around the “square” (four cones I set up)
- Stretch upper body
- Repeat whole set through, and then stretch lower body
- Traveling squats from one cone to the other. Squat, stepping to the side, then bring the other foot in and do a little jump in between as you go right into the next squat.
- At the end, hold the squat until everyone back, then pulse 10 times.
- Repeat back to the starting side.
- Jumping jacks, into alternating jack & jab punches
- Hold the jabs on one side, 30 seconds
- Shuffle across field, still jabbing
- Repeat jack & jab combo
- Hold the jabs on the other side, 30 seconds
- Shuffle back across the field, still jabbing
- Alternating front kicks – 1 minute
- Traveling alternating front kicks across the field
- Hold the alternating front kicks – 1 minute
- Traveling alternating front kicks back across the field
- Roundhouse kick on the right – 1 minute
- Roundhouse kick on the left – 1 minute
We tried Tabata Intervals last night!! Tabata intervals consist of 20 seconds of work/high intensity followed by 10 seconds of rest/low intensity, typically performed in sets of 8 intervals (4 minutes). These are a killer, high intensity workout great for cranking your routine up a bit! We did 20 seconds of all out sprinting, followed by 10 seconds of a light jog. I also gave the option if it got too tough to do a 20 second run followed by 10 second walk.
- 1 minute of alternating walking lunges
- 30 seconds of right side lunges
- 30 seconds of left side lunges
- 30 seconds of jump rope
- 10 tuck jumps
- Standing Abs: Lean to the left, lean to the right, lean front, lean back
- Standing Abs: Twist side to side – 1 minute
A second Tabata Interval. We did 20 seconds of high knees fast, followed by 10 seconds of the lower impact version of knee raises.
- Bicep Curls. 10 regular curls, 10 pulses. 10 curls with palms out to the side, 10 pulses. 10 hammer curls with palms facing in to the body, 10 pulses.
- Plank walks: Starting in a plank position, bring right forearm down to the ground, then left, then back up to the right hand, then back up to the left. Repeat starting with the left forearm. We did these for 1 minute.
- Mountain Climbers: This time with a double knee, so the right knee comes in for a double pulse, then the left. Did these for 1 minute.
Lap around the field
- Throw arms down (temper tantrum move) then pull the knee back in. For 1 minute.
- 10 pushups
- 10 hand taps, starting in a plank
- 100 pilates hand pulses
- Reverse bridge march
- Side Plank twist into regular plank – 8 on each side
- Finish with regular plank, lifting each leg for ten seconds, rolling front and back for ten seconds, and finishing for the last ten seconds
Question of the Day: For those bootcampers — what was your favorite drill or exercise we ever did this session? For those who didn’t take class, what sounded interesting to you from my posts? Any suggestions (anyone) for things to do next time around?
Great season guys!!