Here’s another fun fall recipe for you folks!
Made apple pork chops for dinner last night, with a side of the Greek style green beans I always make as a go to side dish. I’ve already posted that recipe – it’s on my Recipe Page – but you can click here to get back to the original post about it.
The pork chops made for a great post-workout meal! They were so delicious and – sorry to use this word – moist. (Ew. I said I was sorry).
This particular recipe makes 4 servings. I definitely found the recipe online sometime last year in the fall, but can’t remember where. So my apologies for not giving due credit here!
- Four 3/4 inch pork chops
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp pecans (optional) —> I actually had these but for some reason didn’t add them to the recipe. Darn.
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 2 apples – peeled, cored, and sliced
- Preheat oven to 175.
- Place medium dish in oven to warm.
- Heat large skillet over medium high heat.
- Brush chops with oil and place in hot pan. Cook for 5-6 minutes, turning occasionally or until done. Transfer to the warm dish in the oven.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt, pepper, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add butter to the skillet and then stir in brown sugar mix and the apples. Cover/cook until apples are tender, then remove & arrange on the chops. Keep warm in the oven.
- Continue cooking the sauce uncovered in skillet until thickened. Spoon over the apples and chops.
Sprinkle with pecans.
I’m trying to cook as much as I can with apples so I can use them up from our apple picking excursion this weekend. I’m having some friends over tonight for a little get together, so I also used last night to bake an apple cake. Fingers crossed it came out good.
I’ll be posting that recipe another time, so you’ll just have to come back for more, won’t ya?
I’ll leave you guys with an inspirational article for now. For any runners out there, you guys especially must read this about a blind high school athlete dedicated to running cross-country. It’s a touching story for sure!
Question of the Day: Do you have a go to side dish like I do with my green beans?!
Can’t wait for girls night!!