Is everyone surviving the hurricane? Yesterday I worked from home throughout the day. Not much to talk about there, but here are a few details:
Breakfast was a batch of whole wheat honey chia seed pancakes.
The Y was closed and all classes canceled, but I was determined to still get a workout in. My Best Body Bootcamp plans weren’t going to work from home since my weights at home are too light for me and I don’t have any at home cardio equipment, so I ended up changing up a workout I found on Pinterest to make it my own.
I did it twice through for a 30 minute no equipment necessary at home workout that left me shakin’ and sweaty! I was getting antsy holed up in the apartment, so this is just what I needed. Was anyone else able to sneak in a workout despite the weather? If not, and you are finding yourself in need of a workout that doesn’t require you to go to the gym… this is for you.
Lunch was a new combo that Tim invented:
Chicken & Eggplant Lunch Bowl
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 graffiti eggplants, sliced and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large container sliced mushrooms
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/2 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 can of cannellini beans
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp EVOO on a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions, salt, and pepper. Once the onions become translucent, add the cubed chicken and 3 cloves of garlic.
- In another skillet, heat the other 1 tbsp EVOO. Add the mushrooms, eggplant, and 2 cloves of garlic.
Note – we did this because we don’t have a ginormous skillet. If you do, you could do all together.
- Continue cooking skillet #1 until chicken is done. Toss often, about 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Continue cooking skillet #2 until veggies are tender. With about two minutes left, add the diced tomato to the veggie skillet.
- Combine the ingredients from both skillets into one big bowl. Add cannellini beans and mix all together.
- Optional: Toss with cheese of choice, and serve!
Psyched for leftover lunches throughout the week.
And dinner was a tuna melt. Not pictured, but still delicious. Three cheese tuna melt, to be exact. Totally underrated.
How did you guys survive the hurricane? Any good eats or at home workouts to share?
Most important happening of the day – NON hurricane, food, or workout related: One of my best friends in the entire world got ENGAGED! Congratulations to Katrina and Geoff, I am so incredibly happy and excited for the two of you. What hurricane?!?! Yayyyy!