Last week I shared the recipe for the cranberry orange oat muffins that I made for Christmas morning. Today I’m popping in to share the other festive version I baked, pistachio muffins.
Makes a dozen muffins
- 1 cup quinoa flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup ground pistachios, plus extra for topping
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk of choice (I’ve made these with both cashew and coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the flours, brown sugar, ground pistachios, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
- Combine the egg, milk, applesauce, oil, and extracts, then add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix until combined.
- Scoop the mixture into 12 greased muffin tins or muffin tin liners.
- Sprinkle the remaining pistachios on top of the muffins.
- Bake 20-23 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the muffin comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes and enjoy!
This muffin was another light muffin. It was definitely nutty, but the pistachio flavor wasn’t overwhelming at all. I wouldn’t recommend using too many more pistachios than this recipe calls for because I think that could potentially be too much.
These buggers are a great option for a festive occasion, something you could make for St. Patrick’s Day, or another perfect snack/breakfast to have on hand.
I loved these and can’t decide if I liked the cranberry orange oat or pistachio more. You guys will just have to bake both and let me know!
What’s your favorite nut to bake into a muffin? Have you ever tried pistachio muffins before?