Morning! Hope all your weekends were wonderful and that all the dads out there enjoyed a special day.
I’m trying to get back into the swing of my weekly workout posts, so that’s what you guys get on here today.
Last week was definitely a quality over quantity week. My hamstrings were sore from Tuesday’s workout for the entire week, so I didn’t want to overdo it.
- Sunday: Off
- Monday: Lauren’s cycle class
- Tuesday: Taught my first Tuesday 6am class with strength supersets and a jump rope/inchworm cardio finisher (the hamstring killer!)
- Wednesday: Off
- Thursday: Own strength workout after work, followed by a rope slam and burpee cardio finisher
- Friday: Just a mile walk in the morning. I lead the walk for some of our customers at the nursing forum along with Dawn, but I was just too tired the rest of the day to bring myself to do anything. I chose listening to my body instead of pushing myself too hard —> something I am proud of being so much better at lately.
- Saturday: Yoga class at the Boston Magazine health and wellness retreat
Like my fun new Athleta pants?
Here’s what’s on tap for workouts this week:
- Sunday: Walk
- Monday: Starting phase two of my strength training program
- Tuesday: Teaching at 6am (format requests?) + subbing Kickboxing for Liz at 6:30pm
- Wednesday: Either an off day or spin or a run
- Thursday: Crossing my fingers for nice weather so I can finally take my morning class outside for a baseball diamond bootcamp workout. Depending on how I feel from Monday-Wednesday, I may stay and do my own strength workout afterward, or I might take a rest day.
- Friday: Subbing 6am cycle + core
- Saturday: I think I finally will start putting my Class Pass to use and try Torch and Tone at B-Tone in Lexington with the gym girls.
And that’s all for today!
What was the best workout you had last week? What are your healthy living goals/intentions this week?
This week I am focusing on sleep. I really want to try to get 7 hours each night. That’s a big deal for me!