Thank you for all the love on the post I wrote last Friday on how strength training helps me love my body. I’m so happy that it resonated with so many of you! <3
As for today, we’re back to our regular Friday material, but first I want to give a quick fitness related plug for the American Cancer Society’s Pedal to End Cancer event. This is a three hour indoor cycling event that is traditionally held on the first Sunday in March in health clubs and cycling studios across New England. Participants may cycle the entire three hours or form a team and share the cycling time. For my local indoor cycling fans, there are a bunch of Boston based studios getting involved this year including B/Spoke, Burn Fitness, The Club, Recycle Studio, Vital Cycle, and more. If you are interested in either hosting or participating in an event , head to www.pedaltoendcancer.org or email email@example.com.
And now it’s time for today’s link love. Enjoy!
- Good roundup: 25 must try medicine ball exercises
- Another good roundup: 33 resistance band exercises you can do anywhere
- Everything you need to know: How to do a pull-up
- Amazing, amazing, amazing: No more girly fitness bullshit
- When the weather gets nicer, I am going to try some of these: How to train for a faster 5k
- Until then: How to enjoy treadmill running (10 tips!)
- Yes: 7 habits of highly effective deadlifters
- THIS: Women’s beginner strength training guide
- Skip the sugar free challenge: 7 tips to reduce sugar intake
- Great recommendations: Best blogs for Paleo recipes
- So much to know: Guide to gluten free flours
- Need: Raw brownie cheesecake raspberry bars
- Another good roundup: Clean eating chocolate treats
- Looks tasty: Spicy roasted garlic and walnut hummus
- Yummy lunch: Loaded veggie avocado tuna salad
- Want: Easy vegan truffles
- Looks like a good veggie side: Rosemary roasted broccoli with toasted pine nuts
Self Image, Inspiration, and Life
- Orthorexia is very real and very scary: The newest eating disorder to maybe enter the DSM
- Such an honest post: Why I say I’m recovered from my eating disorder
- Hits home: 14 things you are doing that are holding you back
- Yes: Power to the she
- Loved reading about this proud moment: I did my first bikini shoot in four years, and here’s what happened
- Important: 4 tips for raising confident girls
- No such thing as one way to eat: For the rest of us
Readers, let’s chat! What links are you loving today? What was the best part of your week? What’s up for the weekend?
The best part of my week were the wins at work yesterday. My on site yoga proposal finally got approved, and we have some positive forward momentum with some other initiatives. Tim and I also had our cake tasting on Monday, which was really fun. As for this weekend, tonight my parents are coming over for dinner, and we have a few more wedding planning to dos to cross off our list.
Whatever you do, enjoy it!