Let’s get right to it.
We’re kicking things off today by talking about Harvard Square. The fitness scene there has always been seriously lacking, don’t you think? Well, I am so excited to tell you about two new fitness studios that are about to open in this part of the city this month. As someone whose fastest public transportation route into Boston starts with a ten minute bus ride into Harvard, I am pretty stoked to have some new fitness options more accessible to me. And I just love Harvard Square so much. There are so many fun bars and restaurants, shops, and places to just hang out!
For the barre and yoga lovers:
Barre & Soul® is opening the first ever barre studio in Cambridge, and it opens to the public on Monday, July 13th! Founder Andrea Isabelle Lucas describes their barre classes as a full body workout with carefully structured isometric exercises, ballet conditioning, and calisthenics. In addition to barre classes, Barre & Soul® Harvard Square will offer a variety of yoga classes. Andrea also says that her goal with Barre & Soul® is to create a space where the community can come together and socialize in addition to getting fit. The studio also has other locations in Melrose, Woburn, Lexington, and Portsmouth, NH.
For the indoor cycling lovers:
The Handle Bar, a boutique indoor cycling studio with locations already in South Boston and in Fenway, is opening its third location in Harvard Square. Woohoo! Their grand opening weekend is taking place July 25th and July 26th, and they will be offering $5 rides to celebrate. Please note the $5 class offering is valid for the grand opening weekend only, and a grand opening class purchase must be made in order to ride. More details on their website!
Hope you guys will get a chance to check out these new studios. If you do, let me know how you like them! And now that we’ve gotten my Harvard Square excitement out of the way, we can dive into Friday Favorites. Enjoy!
- One of my favorites: Four reasons to push press
- Badass: Meet the world’s oldest female bodybuilder
- Annoying: The five worst types of trainers
- Super helpful: 5 accounts to follow on spotify for workout music
- Parents, check these out: 17 apps that inspire kids to play outside
- On cognitive dietary restraint: Is your diet doing you more harm than good?
- I continue to love this blogger’s monthly posts: July produce guide
- Good ideas: 7 vegetables to spiralize beyond zucchini
- Quick and easy: Lemon coconut no bake bites
- Need to try this: Paleo key lime smoothie
- And this one too: Chocolate cashew smoothie
- Trying: Baked falafel salad bowl
- Healthier potato salad: Herbed red potato salad
- Gimme: Blackberry basil mojito
- Lots of good stuff in here: How to overcome the midday slump
- Why rest is essential to running a business: Give yourself a break
Self Image, Inspiration, and Life
- Important: How to say no with grace and confidence
- On creating a meaningful life outside of work: 7 habits of people who have achieved work life balance
- Yup! Shame is not going to help you
- Good ones: Five strategies for dealing with food pushers
Readers, let’s chat! What was the best part of your week, and what’s up for the weekend?
The best part of my week was starting to get wedding RSVPs back! The amount of people writing something funny and/or thoughtful on the card is so awesome, but I feel like I never knew this was a THING. We’ve gone to about 30 weddings in the past five years, and you’re telling me that I was seriously the most boring RSVPer for all of them?!